Ableworld Franchise Opportunity
Ableworld is the largest mobility retailer in the UK providing products and services to the ever-growing elderly and disabled market. The trusted Ableworld brand was created in 2001 and since 2008 has been offered as the only bfa-registered mobility franchise in the sector.
The Market for Ableworld’s Products and Services
The market for mobility equipment is buoyant and growing. For example, take the number of people aged 65 and over; 11 million and set to rise by 50% in the next 20 years. Or take the number of people with a disability in the UK; at 9.4 million, this is approximately 18% of the population.
What do these numbers mean? To Ableworld and its network of franchisees, they represent the huge potential that exists in this fast growing sector. As the population ages and people live longer the need for products to help with mobility or illness increases; products such as stairlifts, rise-and-recline chairs, mobility scooters and a host of smaller aids to help people live more comfortable and active lives.
What will the franchisee’s job entail?
An Ableworld Franchise consists of a retail outlet and a stairlift business. For the retail side you can think of the job as similar to a specialist retail manager. Building trusted relationships and giving high levels of customer service before, during and after the sale.
On the stairlift side of the business franchisees will need to be able to quote, and install the equipment. An interest in light engineering or DIY is an advantage although full training will be given. Another option includes hiring an engineer if the franchise partner him/herself prefers to concentrate their efforts on the sales and management side.
As several of our franchise partners have proved a partnership of two people pooling their skills and experience works very well.
Some potential franchisees can be put off investing in retail franchises because of the high levels of minimum investment required. In contrast, an Ableworld Franchise is only £29,950 and the business can be started with as little at £75K.
Highlights of the Ableworld Franchise Package
- Two income streams for the price of one
- Exclusive use of the Ableworld™ brand within a generous protected area
- A comprehensive Operations Manual
- Full training on Ableworld products, systems and business
- Advice on site selection
- Help in negotiating the best property deal
- Ableworld LinePlans© to organise your store
- Marketing launch pack
- Comprehensive Stationery pack
- Help in arranging finance (up to 70% subject to status)
- Training on accounting and setting up your business
- Assistance in setting up your VAT and your first VAT return
- Introduction to and acceptance by key industry accreditation bodies
- Set up of accounts with suppliers
- Intensive support during your first week
- Twelve-week diary of steps to take when you first open
- Highly experienced industry mentors to guide you
- The back-up of a professional Head Office
The mobility industry is at a turning point and there will never be a better time to join in the inevitable growth of the sector and invest in the future with an Ableworld Franchise
Ableworld Case Studies
A thank you from all the Directors at Ableworld UK Ltd to their team and suppliers.Without the help and support from all involved Ableworld wouldn't have had such a successful 2014!
For further information on Ableworld