The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
£2,995 - £ 7,775
About Maplebrook Wills
Maplebrook Wills is an established company with a rapidly growing client base - in 2020, the company enjoyed 400 per cent growth.
It helps people distribute their assets according to their wishes by writing the perfect will for their circumstances and preparing other legal documents like Lasting Powers of Attorney, Prepaid Funeral Plans and Trusts.
If you have a will, your money and assets will benefit the ones you love after your death, however, nearly two-thirds of UK adults don’t have one because nobody likes to think about their own death, even though it’s sadly inevitable.
According to the Ministry of Justice, will writing is an essential service.
Will writing is a recession-proof industry in which it is surprisingly easy to develop a business that brings in six figures every year, whilst also providing a vital service.
If you have a will, your money and assets will benefit the ones you love after your death. Nearly 66 per cent of UK adults do not have a will.
Maplebrook Wills can say with some confidence that there will always be people in the UK who need wills, so the market of potential customers will never be saturated. Since the franchise offers personal help and guidance, writing a will is rarely the end of the business relationship with clients.
Because the team is friendly, professional and provides clients with useful information, they frequently identify other services clients might need.
Those additional services include trusts, probate, LPAs and funeral plans. When franchisees help provide these extras, directly or indirectly, they can boost their income by up to 40 per cent.
It’s no exaggeration to say that being a Maplebrook Wills franchisee provides you with the opportunity to generate a six-figure business.
Maplebrook Wills was founded by the Top Will Writer UK (New Leaf) 2016 and 2017 Mike Pugh, who runs the company today, as well as his own hugely successful territory.
Its ‘ZEN Desk’ provides almost instantaneous support and guidance from senior will writers and STEP-qualified solicitors with decades of experience, meaning franchisees need not be concerned about estate size or complexity.
Managing clients can be a full-time job, which is why franchisees use the Maplebrook EDGE to run their business. This custom-built software platform is specifically designed for estate planners – it helps capture leads, move them through the client journey, draft legal documents, and never forget a call or appointment. EDGE also handles pre- and post-meeting admin functions such as terms of business, invoicing, and payments. There is nothing like the Maplebrook EDGE in the industry.
Key facts and figures:
• Estate Planning is a fragmented industry worth £11 billion.
• Over half of UK adults do not have a will and only one per cent has an LPA.
• Maplebrook EDGE developed unique software worth upwards of £500,000.
• Empowering people to earn £100,000-plus per annum.
What the brand looks for in a Maplebrook Wills franchisee
Maplebrook Wills is looking for motivated individuals who want to develop a successful business whilst also helping local people with a service everyone needs. You don’t need a legal background or any formal qualifications, but excellent written and verbal communication and a good sense of humour helps.
Existing franchisees have varying backgrounds from journalism and management to being a surgeon or teacher. People from all walks of life can succeed in the financial services industry. Wills are a product that everybody is going to need at some point in their life so it isn’t a hard sell. That being said, some sales experience and a bit of charm does help.
Maplebrook Wills wants professional people who would like to develop a six-figure income, as well as those who require a part-time income provided they can meet the minimum turnover levels.
What experience does a franchisee need?
• You don’t need any formal qualifications, as Maplebrook Wills can train you in the art of will writing, running a business and building a client base.
• You do need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You do need life experience and the ability to build a rapport with a wide range of people.
• The ability to multitask, prioritise workload and manage a busy schedule are all essential to will writing. If you have a sense of humour, that will help too!
What locations or territories are available to operate in?
Maplebrook Wills has expanded rapidly over the past year. Although growing at such a fast pace, it still has territories available but the good ones won’t last long. Branded territories are protected as with the licence network model you are free to trade wherever your business takes you within England and Wales.
What training and support do Maplebrook Wills franchisees get?
Maplebrook Wills is the only national will writing company with a Doctor of Law as Head of Technical Support.
You will receive the very best and most up to date training available, all broken down into easily understood, practical, and applicable knowledge.
The Initial four-day training course (held online due to COVID) includes:
• Technical Will Writer Training.
• Technical Lasting Power of Attorney Training.
• Technical Trust Training.
• Maplebrook EDGE Systems Training.
• Sales Presentation Skills.
• Marketing Know-How.
• Every two months there is a multi-day Trust Seminar covering the latest in all matters regarding Trust planning.
How does a Maplebrook Wills franchise model work and what is the cost?
Maplebrook fully branded franchise
The franchise fee is £7,775 (plus VAT), plus a royalty fee of 12 per cent. A monthly service fee of £249 (plus VAT) also applies.
Franchisees have access to an all-inclusive package that includes:
• Full access to the will writer week-long training course. This course is held on average once a month.
• Laptop and printer supplied.
• Trusts training: this seminar must be taken at least once a year but will run on average once every two months. Franchisees are free to attend as many times within the year as they like at no extra charge.
• Full access to additional systems and technology training facilities – EDGE systems training and EDGE Kaizen meeting.
• Full access to the online knowledge base, MY.MAPLEBROOK, which offers you a catalogue of training videos, documents, marketing materials and more to help you run your business.
• In-area sales training: for a commission fee, one of Maplebrook’s trainers will come out to your area to conduct sales calls and appointments.
• Access to the bespoke software platform, EDGE.
• Access to daily surgery hour.
• Access to the ZEN Desk for almost instantaneous advice from will writers with over 40 years’ experience.
• Full start-up marketing materials including business cards, attestation kit and access to additional branding.
• Annual PI cover worth over £2,000,000.
Network membership package
The fee is £2,995 (plus VAT), plus, a monthly service fee of £250 (plus VAT). Members have access to the same initial and ongoing training, but Network members operate with their own cooperate brand and website and are supplied with white label software. Included:
• Initial Trust training: annual fee ongoing is £500 (plus VAT).
• Access to EDGE software.
• Access to daily surgery.
• Access to ZEN Desk.
Network members also carry additional costs, such as organising their own PI cover and 100 per cent human compliance on every document they write.
Why is a Maplebrook Wills franchise a good investment?
As a franchisee, you receive:
• Access and training in the use of Maplebrook EDGE software, custom-built - it runs your entire business.
• Access to the Maplebrook Ecosphere includes:
• Maplebrook EDGE Software Platform.
• Maplebrook EDGE Platform User Manual.
• Maplebrook EDGE Dev Grp (Software Support).
• Maplebrook EDGE Network Membership.
• Maplebrook EDGE New Member Support team.
• Maplebrook EDGE Network Chat feed (General Support).
• Maplebrook EDGE ZEN Desk (Technical Knowledge Support).
• Maplebrook EDGE Daily Surgery (In-Person case-specific support).
• Maplebrook EDGE Training Talk with a Doctor of Law.
• My.Maplebrook online knowledge base, including a video library filled with hundreds of hours of videos and support content.
• Instant online support from multiple experts.
• Exclusive territory of potential clients.
• Authorised Use of Maplebrook Wills’ registered national brand.
• Individual landing page.
• Corporate branded merchandise starter pack.
• Business support on how to get your business started.
Does Maplebrook Wills charge franchisees any ongoing fees? ?
The company charges franchisees a royalty fee of 12 per cent.
What do existing franchisees say about Maplebrook Wills?
Training and support
“The benefits of being part of Maplebrook Wills is the intimacy of the business as a family.
“I know that I have the Daily Surgery support hour on ZOOM and if I get stuck I can get almost instant response from the ZEN Desk technical feed.
“This means I have a business mentor, and I have a legal mentor, and that allows me to have the confidence that if I can’t answer a client question immediately that I have back-up in the office to go and inquire and get the correct answers at the right time for my clients.
“The other bonus is that now I don’t need to do office admin - it’s all taken care of by the EDGE!”
- Barb L.
Income and costs
“The pivotal thing for me was making and generating a fixed income quite quickly, which with the training and the Maplebrook brand and various things we’ve been taught was achievable within the first two or three months.
“Once I’d started implementing the systems through Maplebrook Wills, I found that growth of capital in terms of meeting new clients and building a business. The trajectory was extremely rapid.”
“Having the franchise has had a very positive impact on my life. It gives you complete control over every aspect of your business.
“As soon as we started putting forward the systems that Maplebrook operate, the business began to flood in.
“If you were going to buy into a franchise, I would very much suggest you join Maplebrook because you’ll know what all your costs are in advance.
“Cost is probably one of the biggest worries that most people have in setting up a business, but with Maplebrook it’s very clear and straightforward.”
- Deri A.
“When clients look to purchase professional services, the two things they look for are price and competence.
“With the continuous professional development at Maplebrook, I was easily able to earn a good living with integrity. Professionalism and Integrity: Maplebrook Wills has both of those in abundance.”
- Hassan A.
“True success is the ability to go through your community in a respected fashion. You get to know all your clients and you’re going to establish credibility.
“Maplebrook provides support, training and ongoing assistance and mentoring that will help ensure not only the franchisee’s success, but the ultimate end result is a good result in the community as well.”
- Mike P.
How can I get started on setting up my own franchise with Maplebrook Wills?
Interested in building a successful business in the recession-proof industry of will writing, while providing a vital service to your local community?
To find out more, or to request further information on franchising with Maplebrook Wills, click on the ‘Enquire Now’ button.
Request Free Information
Send a free enquiry to Maplebrook Wills for further information!