Opening a Schmidt Kitchens showroom goes hand in hand with great turnover and a profitable business
Schmidt Kitchens is the leading kitchen retail brand in Europe, with a turnover of over £500 million, and employs more than 1,500 people.
The company designs, produces and distributes innovative products and services that play a major part in home improvement in the kitchen, bathroom and interior solution marketplace.
All its products come from Schmidt Kitchens’ factories in the heart of Europe (four in France and one in Germany). Since 1989 it’s been developing an exclusive showroom concept and now has more than 700 showrooms spread around 25 countries.
100 showrooms in the UK BY 2022
Having been successful in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, Schmidt Kitchens’ strategy is to further develop in the UK. Its aim is to distribute the company’s products through a network of franchisees, who manage their own showrooms in line with its concept, while receiving ongoing help, assistance and support.
It’s beyond doubt that most UK householders put a high value on the interior design of their homes, with high quality fitted kitchens and interior solutions furniture playing a major part. Fitted kitchens are now the norm and no longer a luxury. A kitchen is now at the heart of your home and represents a place where we spend most of our time.
Always at your side
Opening a Schmidt’s showroom goes hand in hand with great turnover and a profitable business. Not only do you join a brand associated with quality, but also the fourth largest kitchen manufacturer in Europe.
Schmidt is at your side on a daily basis to assist you with the success of your showroom. You will get support from various departments, including marketing advice, IT support, sales administration assistance and recommendations for your showroom’s layout.
Schmidt offers a 14-week training programme. This training, both theoretical and practical, will enable you to acquire the required skills to perform efficiently in your new role. At the end of the training, you and your team will:
- Have great product knowledge.
- Feel comfortable in applying Schmidt’s sales techniques.
- Know how to design kitchens with Schmidt’s CAD design software.
- Be able to use reporting and management software tools.
The assistance is continuous before, during and after the showroom’s opening.
A Schmidt’s showroom is financed by:
- You and your personal investment.
- The bank that finances the refurbishment of the showroom.
- Schmidt’s financing with regards to the brand concept.
Schmidt will finance up to 30 per cent of the overall project In collaboration with your accountant, the company will help you to produce a business plan. In addition to this, Schmidt will help you to present your business plan to your bank in order to secure the loan.
Ideally, prospective franchisees need to be business-minded person with a passion for sales.
Schmidt is looking for leaders who have a hands-on approach. Knowledge of the kitchen industry is not necessary, as Schmidt provides a comprehensive training programme.
- Your showroom is profitable in no time.
- No royalties.
- No stock: kitchens are delivered directly to the consumer.
- No cash flow issues: you receive a 40 per cent deposit from the consumer at the order stage.
- A comfortable 40 per cent gross margin.
- A swift return on investment. On average, investment in a Schmidt’s showroom is paid back within two years (after year one).