Ableworld’s proven franchise means hard-working franchisees can build a £1 million-plus turnover business
Ableworld is the UK’s largest mobility retailer and at the forefront of one of the fastest growing markets in retail. The company’s proven franchise model can help you dominate your local market and build a profitable, long-term business of your own.
There are currently 15.3 million people aged over 60 in the UK and the government predicts that in just over 10 years’ time nearly 25 per cent of the population will be over 65.
Valued at around £1.5 billion annually, the mobility sector is set to expand dramatically over the next few years, with products such as mobility scooters, stairlifts, adjustable beds, wheelchairs and home aids becoming essential purchases for many people.
In addition, since many people in this age group have generous pensions and significant property equity, they have the resources to purchase this much needed equipment. Ableworld’s mission is to help these customers live more comfortable and active lives as they get older.
An Ableworld franchise gives you two complementary income streams:
• The retail outlet. A mobility superstore that sells a comprehensive range of quality products to help the elderly and disabled in their homes and outdoors.
• The stairlift business which, using only high quality branded equipment, provides homeowners with a variety of life changing options.
The company has grown both organically and by acquisition. However, the main engine of growth over the next few years will be via its franchise model. Ableworld is targeting a national coverage of 60- 70 stores, with at least 60 per cent of the total being franchisee owned outlets.
Nationwide customer base
While other retailers struggle, Ableworld is not only thriving, but actively looking for new franchisees to join its network of 30-plus stores and meet the needs of its ever growing nationwide customer base.
Franchisees come from a wide variety of backgrounds, such as sales, retail, construction, the armed forces, teaching and health care. No previous experience of the mobility industry is needed, as the company has a comprehensive training programme.
Make a difference
Successful franchisees combine a desire to help others with their personal skills and the proven Ableworld franchise system to create a business that makes a difference in their community.
Ableworld is proud to have been voted Dealer of the Year UK at the 2019 Access & Mobility Professional Awards for its continued dedication to helping our ageing population and people living with disabilities.
At a glance Ableworld
Number of franchised outlets: 35
Location of units: nationwide
Investment range: £75,000-£80,000
Minimum capital required: £30,000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 01270 613599 ableworld.co.uk
You might also be interested in
- 5 things you should consider before you start your franchise
- Football’s universal appeal has helped Christine Kelly build a global franchise
- These vital tips will help you run a tax efficient business
- Established brand or emerging business? Two experts on what’s the best investment
- Children and education: the potential rewards are great in this fast growth sector