The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
£30,000 - £ 50,000
Care & Elderly Services
£90,000 to £110,000
£600,000 to £800,000
About Visiting Angels
Established in the US in 1998, Visiting Angels is a global care giant with community-based values. Today, it is one of the largest care franchises in America and proudly supports 600-plus franchisees across five countries.
Visiting Angels has achieved global success by doing things differently: it puts its carers first, with great rates of pay and work-related benefits to ensure they can achieve real work-life balance. Why? Because only happy, loyal carers who feel truly valued can give their all to clients. Many companies say that they put their carers at the heart of their business, very few actually do it.
Visiting Angels is a care business the likes of which the UK has never seen before. Its model directly addresses the problems in the market and empowers its caregivers, clients and franchisees to reap the benefits for years to come.
What is Visiting Angels’ background?
• Established in 1998 in the US
• 600-plus franchisees operating in five countries
• Launched in the UK in 2017
• First UK office won ‘best international franchise’ in under 12 months
• Shortlisted for the Great British Care Awards 2018
• Supports 15,000-plus clients and provides work to 16,000-plus caregivers worldwide
• Proudly different, proudly carer-centric!
How does Visiting Angels’ carer-centric franchise model work?
Visiting Angels believes that, by treating its carers well, they are empowered to deliver an exceptional service with genuine care. It’s no secret that carer recruitment and retention is an issue for UK companies and, after 20 years, Visiting Angels knows how to attract the right people and, most importantly, keep them. Its staff turnover rate is already almost half the national average.
• Starting rates of pay £10p/h
• Paying caregivers mileage, holiday pay and whilst they train
• Enrolling all caregivers in its company pension scheme
• Loyalty bonus for length of service
• Guaranteed pay increases each year
• Paying for caregiver’s car to be serviced once a year and valeted every six months
• Providing a company mobile phone
• Organising team events and social days for carers (Visiting Angels loves BBQs and bowling nights!)
What attributes is Visiting Angels looking for in its franchisees?
• Love the idea of owning a care business that does things differently when it comes to personal care
• Recognise that society’s perception of caregivers needs to change
• Want to build a loyal team of caregivers through respect, reward and recognition
• Believe that happy careworkers will deliver the very best care services and support to seniors
• Know that profit isn’t a dirty word but want to make a difference too
• Want to help change the care industry, for good…
…then you sound like a Visiting Angels franchisee. Fill out the enquiry form on this page to get in touch.
Why is Visiting Angels a good investment?
If you’re looking at a franchise in the home care sector, then you will no doubt already understand the scope for business growth. The care sector has always been a growing market, and it always will be. Increased life expectancy, better living conditions, and pharmaceutical advancements mean people are living far longer than they used to.
• By 2024, more than 20 per cent of the population will be aged 65 and over
• 1.9 million people in the UK will be over the age of 85 by 2020
• A staggering 2.5 million people in the UK will be over 85 by 2035
Source: Office for National Statistics
Whilst increased life expectancy is to be celebrated, old age brings with it a plethora of complications to health and wellbeing. Retirement ages continue to creep up, meaning sons and daughters – still working – can’t offer the same level of support to ageing parents that they once did. Families now tend to live further apart, and the needs of ageing loved ones become increasingly complicated. Calling on the services of a care company is no longer a last resort, it’s a necessity.
How much is the potential earnings of a Visiting Angels franchise?
Profit. It isn’t a dirty word. It’s okay to want to make money in the care sector. Visiting Angels trusts that you want to make a difference too. It is confident that if you follow its model and employ its values you can replicate its results.
• Six-figure turnover by the end of year 1
• £1m turnover in year 3
• Net operating profit of between 15 per cent and 20 per cent.
What training and support does Visiting Angels offer its franchisees?
Initial training is your opportunity to learn from Visiting Angels’ industry experts; people who have spent decades in both the care and the franchise industries, and who know how to make this business work. For your first week’s training, you’ll fly out to Visiting Angels’ worldwide headquarters in Philadelphia. Once back home, its straight into week two of training at its UK head office.
This intensive training course covers:
• Recruitment and retention of caregivers
• Sales, marketing and networking
• UK care operations: legislation and CQC
• Systems and procedures for Client Assessments, Care Plan production and Review
• Staff and care visit scheduling
• Accounts and payroll.
Visiting Angels doesn’t believe in training you once and sending you on your way. It provides regular, ongoing training for the life of your franchise. A combination of e-learning, live webinars, group and one-to-one sessions provides a comprehensive programme, designed to help you to be the best business owner you can be.
Support of a global giant
Setting up a care business is a complex process. That’s why Visiting Angels is with you every step of the way. And this is where its international size and scale really comes into its own – Visiting Angels has honed the support it offers its 600-plus franchisees over the last 20 years and now, brings the very best to you.
1) Pre-launch support: prior to launching your business, its expert team will guide you through essential set-up tasks like your CQC registration, locating suitable premises and recruiting your Registered Manager. Generating interest in your service through marketing and networking will be a top priority at this stage too.
2) 12-week jump-start programme: upon launch, this 12-week intensive programme helps you get off to the best possible start.
3) Business support programme: Visiting Angels pledges to support you from day one, but most importantly, it will continue to support you for the life of your business.
Visiting Angels recognises that one of the main reasons for joining any franchise brand is to benefit from a wealth of knowledge and expertise as you launch and grow your own new business. Visiting Angels is committed to delivering exactly that.
What locations or territories is Visiting Angels looking to operate in?
Visiting Angels is looking for franchisees in the following regions in the UK:
• South West
• North West
• East Midlands
• East Anglia
What are the franchise terms of agreement and renewal?
It is five, plus, five years initial term and renewable beyond for no additional fee.
How do I set up my own Visiting Angels franchise?
To find out more, or to request further information on franchising with Visiting Angels, complete the form below and click on the ‘Request Free Information’ button now.
Request Free Information
Send a free enquiry to Visiting Angels for further information!