The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
About Pack & Send
Pack & Send was established in Australia in 1993. The company expanded in Australia and to New Zealand and, in 2009, launched in the UK.
The organisation provides an international specialist packing and delivery service. Given deliveries are both national and international, Pack & Send also offers collection, customs clearance, and delivery services to clients in some 80,000 global destinations.
One area of specialty is the packing of large, awkward, valuable, and / or fragile items such as antiques, artwork, and electronic equipment. One-of-a-kind machines (Fill Aire) and specialist and / or unique packaging (Cell Aire) are used to keep these vulnerable goods safe in transit. Goods are sent via road, air, or sea freight depending on the client’s requirements.
The Pack & Send franchise network includes both service and sales centres. Service centres are locations where clients can drop off and collect items. Clients can also visit these centres to discuss their requirements and arrange for collections and / or packing and shipment.
Sales centres, on the other hand, provide the same services but are not collection and drop-off points for clients to visit.
Depending on the type of centre, Pack & Send franchise facilities vary in size and are usually located in business areas rather than high streets. Street frontage is considered essential in order to improve accessibility to the store and in order to advertise and build brand awareness.
What services does the Pack & Send franchise provide?
Pack & Send offers reliability, flexibility, and convenience to customers. It divides its core areas of services into several broad categories:
• Business solutions: These services are offered nationally and internationally and are offered on anything from a single package to relocating an office or part thereof. Import and export services are provided which allows a Pack & Send franchisee to arrange bulky or palletised freight. In addition to offering this type of logistics service, franchises also perform reverse logistics. In other words, they pack, ship, and deliver exhibition items – for example – and then bring the items back afterwards.
• Consumer solutions: International and national professional packing, delivery, courier, and freight services for individuals who, among other things, are moving (part or small relocations only), require the shipping of items bought or sold online, or have excess baggage to send.
• Packing solutions: Franchisees expertly pack boxes or cartons; specialist packaging and materials are used for awkward, valuable, and / or fragile items; custom-built crates; and cold packing services are also provided. For clients who prefer it, DIY packing options are also offered.
• International shipping: Pack & Send franchisees advise clients as to international shipping options and requirements and provide information. When handling an international shipment by sea, air, or road, the franchise handles the packing, customs documentation, shipping, and delivery.
• Specialist shipping: Items that require particularly careful and special packing include sensitive computer equipment, artworks, antiques, medical equipment, electronic goods, and medical laboratory items.
With all of services, Pack & Send ensures that the goods being sent are adequately covered by the appropriate type and level of insurance.
How does the Pack & Send franchise model work?
The first step is to request an information pack by clicking the enquiry button on this page. You can also fill in the application form on the Pack & Send website, and you will be contacted within five days. Once your application has been submitted you and the franchisor will begin the getting-to-know you phase of the process. You need to know this is right for you, and they want to be reassured that you are a good match in terms of what they need.
How much does a Pack & Send franchise cost?
In order to open a Pack & Send store or franchise you need £84,500 + VAT. The breakdown of this is: £29,500 license fee; £50,000 for store opening expenses; £5,000 for various legal fees.
Over and above this you will require £15,000 to £35,000 for working capital.
The franchisor indicates that as a franchisee you would require £50,000 to £60,000 in liquid funds and the balance can be raised through a bank loan. Pack & Send has banking partners who will offer positive lending terms to approved applicants.
What will I receive from Pack & Send for my investment?
First and foremost, you are granted a license, but along with this is a broad range of services and support both before and after you open your store:
• Initial training: This training takes place over three weeks and consists of both classroom and in-store time. The program provides full training on all aspects of a Pack & Send franchise: franchising, marketing, the freight industry, packing methods and materials, and the operating and accounting systems you will use.
• Pre-opening support: This support includes assistance with identifying suitable premises and negotiating the lease, guidance with shop fitting and setting up supplier accounts, help with store merchandising and inventory, and on-site training during the first week of operation.
• Ongoing support: The franchisor provides access to a comprehensive Operations Manual, telephone and 24-hour intranet support, monthly reviews and analyses of financial performance, regular store visits from support staff, seminars and rallies during the year, an annual conference, and pricing discounts on goods. As part of the Pack & Send network, franchisees benefit from the franchisor’s research and development, marketing resources, advertising and promotional tools. There are also valuable referral relationships with large freight companies.
As a franchise owner, you will have access to all the above to work for your success and, by extension, that of Pack & Send UK Limited.
Do I need experience in the courier and delivery industry to run a Pack & Send franchise?
While you don’t need packaging, delivery, or logistics experience, there are certain skills and attributes that Pack & Send requires its franchisees to possess in order to optimise the chances of success for all concerned.
You will need to understand the nature of a franchise and the obligations of both the franchisor and franchisee, be determined to run your own business, have a passion for customer service, and to have commercial experience so you have sound basic skills. Problem-solving, lateral thinking, organisational, time management, communication, people, numeracy, and computer skills are also necessary. A sales or management background is ideal but not essential.
Where does the Pack & Send UK franchise currently operate?
There are franchise opportunities throughout England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, but the franchisor has some territories that are priorities. These are Birmingham, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, and Glasgow in Scotland. There are currently in excess of 70 sales and service centres open.
Will I be able to get an area of my choice?
Pack & Send is still relatively new to the UK, so there are many territories still available. The company’s aim is to have strong and even representation nationally. In addition to there being a good chance of being able to select an area or location, the franchisor offers certain guarantees.
Firstly, no other stores will be opened in the territory granted in the license agreement. Secondly, the contract protects you in that no other franchisees are permitted to solicit business from customers in your allocated area or territory. Franchisees are permitted to market in areas that are not under franchise until such time as they are.
What are the average earnings from a Pack & Send franchise?
While it is hard to quantify income, Pack & Send claims that gross profit margins are 65 per cent plus. As with any business, the quality and quantity of work done by the franchisee and the marketing done has a very significant impact on revenue.
However, of interest is the value of an average sale: £240.
Franchise holders generate profits through mark-ups on packaging material; freight services; fees from project managed services; labour costs generated from collections, packing, and delivering; and messaging services.
Is income guaranteed?
Income is not guaranteed by the franchisor as it depends on several factors including the amount and quality of work done by the franchisee.
How soon will I start making money?
Once your Pack & Send franchise application has been approved and you have been granted a license to trade, it usually takes three to four months from the date of the first enquiry to have a new store open for business.
How soon your first income is generated is hard to say as it depends of the success of your marketing and how quickly you attract customers to your store.
Is a Pack & Send franchise a complicated businesses to run?
A Pack & Send franchise is not an easy business to run in that franchisees need to manage every aspect of their business, think on their feet in terms of finding solutions and options for customers, and build relationships with clients and staff.
While many of these skills form part of the training you will receive, others rely on attributes and abilities you possess.
Is this the best logistics franchise in the UK?
While there are several organisations in the UK – including the Post Office – that provide logistics services, Pack & Send excels in personalised packing and freight solutions for a broad spectrum of clients and handles fragile and valuable items.
The fact that these franchises and the business model are successful is supported by statistics provided by the Pack & Send head office. Only 1 per cent of stores come up for sale, 25 per cent of franchisees own more than one store, and 66 per cent of franchisees have been in business for in excess of seven years.
Request free information
Pack & Send
National and international specialist packaging and delivery company£84,500 Minimum Investment