Wok&Go is the UK’s fastest growing healthy fast food franchise
Since 2008, Wok&Go has established itself as a fresh, Asian fusion food chain, blending the best in Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
The company has already opened franchises in Bangor, Birmingham, Chester, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, London, Southampton, Dubai and Portugal and is continuing to expand in these regions and internationally.
Zero retail experience is required to become a Wok&Go franchisee due to the company’s extensive support system, which aids you in finding premises, securing funding, recruiting your team and running the restaurant to its full potential.
Alternatively, you can invest in a franchise and have it established and run on a daily basis by Wok&Go’s experienced team.
Why invest in Wok&Go?
- The company uses its own recipes, with all noodles cooked to order from fresh ingredients in an open kitchen. The range is complemented by delicious rice dishes, salads, soups and Asian ice creams.
- The concept fits within all main UK and international food service consumer trends: health, convenience, the quest for variety, speed, theatricality and the popularity of Asian food.
- Wok&Go has an eat in, takeaway and delivery business model, meaning multiple revenue streams are available. It’s also a de-seasonalised business.
- The brand attracts many different target groups, including students, shoppers, office workers and families.
- The Wok&Go franchise is the fastest growing noodle bar in the UK, with 24-plus sites and counting. It has a nationwide presence and has tested its model in malls, high streets, retail parks and residential locations.
- Wok&Go says it’s the only franchisor to offer a ‘managed’ option, where the franchisor operates the store on behalf of the franchisee, offering a guaranteed return.
Comprehensive training and support
Over and above standard franchise support and training, Wok&Go offers a comprehensive training programme and initial/ongoing operational and business management support, including:
- A turnkey store solution including design, build and project management. Wok&Go is one of the few chains that doesn’t outsource this service, providing quality shop-fits at competitive rates.
- Assistance with the recruitment and training of chefs and back-of-house staff.
- An area manager assigned to the franchisee’s store who visits every two weeks.
- A national marketing programme comprising a specially designed customer app with 18,000-plus users.
What Wok&Go franchisees says
Ron Laker explains: “I was looking for a franchise that offered me something different.
“Wok&Go hit the right spot, offering a great deal of flexibility in the managed franchise option. It allows me to get the best of both worlds, as I’m based in the USA and I have other business commitments. In fact, it’s worked out so well I now own three sites.”
Pedro Martins says: “I’m a big noodle fan. A few months ago I had a conversation with João Lucas from BrandPlus and he suggested Wok&Go.
“I’m so glad I looked into it, as I received good training and support and I’m incredibly happy with the final result. Wok&Go has a big future and I’m proud to be part of it.”
At a glance Wok&Go
Number of franchised outlets:
Location of units:
UK and overseas
Minimum required capital: