The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
£120,000 - £ 150,000
Health & Beauty
CoLaz was established in April 2005 out of its holding company M G Beauty Ltd. The initial phase saw the sale of a range of beauty and hair brands. Along with this, the founder Manroop Ahitan developed the methodologies the Co Laz franchises use and built the brand identity. The salons now provide beauty treatments, skin care, complimentary therapies, and hair removal.
In 2013, the founder Manroop Ahitan and fellow shareholder Surinder Ahitan fully incorporated the trademark company and set up the franchising structures. This gave rise to the entity CoLaz Franchising Ltd. There are currently eight franchisees / partner salons in the UK. The first salon to open was in Southall in London.
The company works to utilise the most up to date procedures and equipment to provide customers with a professional, reliable, and effective but affordable range of treatments. The broad range of skin care products offered are manufactured in the US and free of artificial colours and fragrances.
The beauty industry is a buoyant one, and Co Laz franchisees are invited to invest in it by opening a salon. While the industry is strong, competition is fierce. The company therefore provides its franchisees or partners with an arsenal of weapons to make them competitive. Some of these are full training, comprehensive sales and marketing assistance, and the use of an established and proven brand and products.
What services are offered by a CoLaz franchise salon?
Each salon offers the following to its clients:
• Laser hair removal
• Skin rejuvenation
• Advance cosmetic procedures
• Skin tightening treatments
• Facial dermabrasion
• Micro-needling / Dermapen
• Electrolysis treatment
• LED acne treatment.
How does a CoLaz franchise work?
The first step is to request the Free Info Pack advertised on the website. You will then be given immediate access to a brochure that provides a helpful amount of information. Following on from your enquiry you will start to receive a daily email that covers 11 topics that give further details:
1. Starting out in the beauty industry
2. The salon
3. Salon management
4. Qualifications, training, and skills
5. Staff and employments
6. Clients and treatments
7. Selecting products, equipment, and furniture
8. Business management
9. Finance, money and accounts
10. Marketing, advertising, and promotion
11. Formula for success.
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any stage should you wish to do so. However, if you opt to continue to pursue the opportunity you then need to complete the online enquiry form. A CoLaz consultant will then contact you to schedule a telephone interview. Once both parties are happy with each other, the next step is a face-to-face meeting to talk further and look at financial aspects.
If the application goes beyond this stage, you will be sent a detailed application form you will need to complete. You will receive assistance to put together a business plan. The final stage is the exchange of legal documents.
How much will I need to invest in a CoLaz franchise?
A CoLaz Franchise Package costs £24,950 + VAT. However, if you don’t already have a salon or other suitable premises the initial outlay will be far higher.
It is estimated that salon related expenses are typically between £125,000 to £150,0000 + freehold +VAT. It is also suggested that £50,000 of that amount should be in liquid funds. Having your own existing salon will reduce your initial investment costs dramatically.
What will I get from CoLaz for my investment?
The Franchise Package: On its website the company provides a very detailed breakdown of what you get from your £24,950 + VAT Franchise Package and the value of each element. In addition to the right to use and trade under the name CoLaz ®, you will receive:
• Training at Head Office in Slough: This is provided for two people and lasts ten days. The company also provides accommodation and subsistence. The nine modules train CoLaz
franchisees how to perform the various treatments and procedures. There is a Management course that provides both an introduction to the company’s background and ethos and looks at the day-to-day issues that go with running a business.
• In-salon training: This five-day program gives franchisees the opportunity to put the theory learnt at head office into practice as the new Co Laz franchise owner works alongside an experienced salon manager.
• Business plan and loans: You will receive help to draft a business plan that is just right for you. Guidance from a CoLaz staff member will also help you to apply for a business loan.
• Site selection and / or lease negotiation: Some franchisees may lack the necessary experience or confidence to identify suitable premises for their salon. Other individuals find a good site but don’t feel up to the task of negotiating terms. In either event, the company will send someone out to assist with these areas. The legalities and final decision are, however, the franchisee’s responsibility.
• Shop design: Franchise owners who require guidance or advice in this regard can request it from Head office.
• Equipment purchase: The company has built relationships with various suppliers. As a result, it can refer new franchisees to organisations that will supply good quality equipment at – potentially – reasonable rates and in a timely manner.
• In-territory launch program: This affords a new franchisee access to several valuable sales and marketing assistance. This comes in the form of leaflets, social media exposure, print advertisements.
• Branded stationery and promotional material: A launch pack of business cards, letterheads, compliment slips, and consultation forms is provided. In addition, a new salon is supplied with an initial stock of leaflets of various kinds to promote both the salon and specific treatments.
• Website: All franchise salons are included on the company’s website. Each salon’s address and contact details are provided, and a photograph and video are also included.
• Software: The i-Colaz Booking Services software will be installed on the salon’s computer.
• Corporate branded uniform: Franchise holders are expected to adhere to the dress code outlined in the manual. A branded uniform is supplied at the time of launch.
• Operations manual: This manual contains all the information necessary for the daily running of a franchise. It must be returned to the company at the end of the franchise period.
• Ongoing support: There will always be somebody at Head Office to answer questions or offer suggestions or guidance. Furthermore, once a salon is up and running, there are follow- up visits to assess progress, mentoring, regular newsletters, national marketing, meetings where franchise owners can meet and exchange ideas and views, software updates
Do I need experience to run a CoLaz franchise?
You don’t need any beauty and hair industry related experience, but the company does look for potential partners who possess certain attributes and aptitudes. Franchise owners should have an aptitude for business, an interest in the industry, enthusiasm, sales ability, a flair for dealing with people, be organised, able to manage people (if necessary), have strong communication skills and the ability to pay attention to details, and be willing to follow the established business model but be flexible when necessary.
Do I have to pay anything monthly when running a CoLaz franchise?
There is a monthly fee for updates to and maintenance of the software.
Where does CoLaz currently operate franchises?
The company is currently focused in the London and Thames Valley area. There are 8 locations: Derby, Ealing, Harrow, Hounslow, London, Reading, Slough, Southall, and Wembley. However, the objective is to move into other regions of the UK.
Will I be able to get an area of my choice?
You would have to enquire directly with CoLaz to find out what areas are still on offer although they indicate that they have opportunities for potential franchisees throughout the UK.
What are the average earnings from a CoLaz franchise?
The company claims that the eight salons net £350,000 sales per annum. This translates to an average of £43,740 net per annum.
Is income guaranteed?
Income is not guaranteed as it depends on several factors including the amount and quality of work done by the franchisee.
How soon will I start making money?
You should start making money from the first week your salon is open. Once you begin to establish yourself and become known, business should start to increase.
Do I need to do my own marketing?
Although CoLaz provides an ongoing effective national sales and marketing campaign that each salon benefits from, each franchise owner is responsible for marketing in their territory. Word-of-mouth is always an excellent source of promotion and marketing so ensuring all your clients are happy is a very important and valuable.
What is not included when I purchase a CoLaz franchise?
There are several hefty capital expenditure items that are – fortunately – one-off costs. You will need to pay for a Local Authority special treatment licence, legal and planning fees, lease premium fee, and stamp duty and land tax (if applicable). Your salon will need a computer, telephone, broadband, various items of equipment, and a stock of products.
As your business expands you would need to be able to cover ongoing and ad hoc costs such as training and uniforms for additional staff, stationery, replenishing stock, etc.
Request free information
CoLaz offers clients a range of skin and beauty treatments, hair...£120,000 - £ 150,000 Minimum Investment