Get ready for the new Veggie Dippers
McDonald’s will launch the brand’s first vegan meal on January 2, with the introduction of its new Veggie Dippers.
Thomas O’Neill, head of food marketing at McDonald’s UK & Ireland, says: “In the last 12 months we’ve seen an 80 per cent uplift in customers ordering vegetarian options at McDonald’s, so it’s time for the brand famous for the dippable McNugget to launch a dippable option for our vegetarian, vegan and flexitarian customers.”
Keep up to date with the latest What Franchise News sent straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Accredited by The Vegan Society, Veggie Dippers are made with red pepper, rice, sundried tomato pesto and split peas surrounded by light and crispy breadcrumbs.
Customers will be able to order a fully vegan meal for the first time when Veggie Dippers are teamed with Vegan Society approved fries and any soft drink options and sauces. Veggie Dippers will also be available as a fully vegan Happy Meal.
McDonald’s has been franchising in the UK since 1986 and has around 1,300 stores in the UK and Ireland, many of which are run by franchisees. It has 37,000 restaurants worldwide.
How to become a McDonald’s franchisee
You might also be interested in
- Why practicality must take precedence during these uncertain times
- These five people made the move from employee to franchisee
- How-to guide: Bounce back from the lockdown
- “I’ve gone into franchising because I want my family to be financially secure”
- How STEM and the performing arts make for the perfect education combination