Chris explains the challenges and solutions he encounters in week at the end of the year
The Kleaning Company was established in 2012 to offer a bespoke and unique commercial cleaning service, specifically targeted at after-build sparkle cleaning for B2B construction companies.
• Business development manager, Chris, has been in Edinburgh quoting on a 200,000 square foot office block. It’s a new project with an existing client with a tender starting next month. Back to the London office (last time before Christmas) to catch up and have Christmas lunch with staff.
• Catching up on a recent hotel project as it is nearly finished. However, the client has run one week over, meaning all extra fees run on a day rate. For boutique hotel group – 193 bedrooms – the last cleaning company let them down. TKC stepped in and saved the day. Over 20 staff every day for two to three weeks are needed for the job. It is for internal cleaning only – bedrooms, kitchen, corridors, which are half new and half refurbishment.
• Challenges this week include that it is hard to fulfil jobs as client demands are not slowing down despite staff being on holiday.
• Payroll admin: It is the last payday before the end of the year. In the office, working on the payroll for 50 staff.
• New jobs coming in this week include:
o Wetherspoons Newbury (National Account)
o Holiday Inn, Derby – Refurbs
o Royal Ascot – hospitality
• Issue: there’s no power and water on level 5 of a new build residential property. The client requested buckets up and down the stairs! This is not accepted by TKC supervisor. The site manager did not sort out the request for hot water on the correct level. TKC supervisor calls into the office and explains the issue. The head office team contact the client and explain that they need to pull off from the site within two to three hours as the job is not done and not to contract. They need to reorganise and explain when TKC team can get back on site.