The OSCAR pet food franchise allows Nigel and Berni Woodall to mix business with pleasure
Nigel and Berni Woodall had always intended to work together in their own business. But what type of business and when to make the change was a dilemma - until OSCAR came along.
Berni says: “Due to the frustration of working in the motor industry and the nine to five office routine of managing a call centre, we had both reached the point of being totally fed up.
“As pet lovers, OSCAR gave us both an exciting opportunity and the ability to mix business with pleasure.”
Berni adds: “Thanks to our Jack Russell, Mollie, we had connections with OSCAR since 2008, as she had grown up enjoying pet food that’s second to none.
“Lesley, our local nutritional adviser, initiated the introduction to a business opportunity that gave us total control and the freedom of choice.”
Berni says the comprehensive training covered every aspect of the business - from start-up to daily routines.
“We are thoroughly enjoying our business,” she says. “Pet people are nice to deal with, they’re approachable and appreciative and all have beautiful pets.
“We’re learning something new every day and OSCAR has taught us work doesn’t need to be a chore.”
You might also be interested in
- Why you can’t afford to ignore AI anymore
- How one former Army captain made a success of franchising
- 5 benefits of operating a business in fire and security under a franchise model
- Chai Green 1823’s founder unveils plans for global expansion
- 5 reasons why employee retention must be a top priority for franchises