Five new categories have been added to this year’s awards alongside the main prize for the UK’s top overall franchisor.
The awards highlight outstanding and ethical business practice in franchising throughout the country, commending franchises of all sizes across a diverse range of industry sectors.
• bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year. Celebrating a franchisor’s passion and commitment to ethical franchising.
• Emerging Franchisor of the Year. For brands franchising for five years or less.
• Innovation Award. Honouring franchisors that have taken a bold step in a new direction to drive growth in their network, perhaps through technology, diversifying into new markets or managing a corporate conversion.
• International Achievement Award. Recognising franchisors expanding into overseas markets through a franchise model.
• Brand of the Year. Showcasing outstanding marketing techniques used at both local and national levels.
• Franchisee Recruitment Award. Recognising best-in-class lead generation, qualification and selection of new franchisees.
“The awards showcase the country’s most outstanding franchise businesses, regardless of size or sector, championing them amongst their peers,” Brian Smart, director general of the bfa, says.
“The range of franchisors that have been celebrated over the past 25 years demonstrates the diversity found in franchising and our new categories reflect this growing, vibrant part of the UK economy.
“The successes highlighted by this year’s awards should encourage others to consider franchising as a viable and effective expansion model for their business.”
Franchisors can enter all categories for which they qualify.
Entry forms can be downloaded from www.thebfa.org and the deadline for entries is 5pm on March 28.
The shortlisted finalists will be invited to a judging panel on May 21-22.
The winners will be announced at Heythrop Park, Oxfordshire on June 26.