John Spencer, group chairman at facilities management and cleaning specialist NIC Group Services, has taken over as bfa chairman from Trevor Brocklebank of Home Instead Senior Care.
John has been with NIC for over 40 years.
He said he was “delighted” to be appointed chairman of the bfa, adding: “It is a career highlight for me.
“I’m looking forward to working more closely with the executive staff in the coming two years.”
The bfa board now comprises:
• Continuing full board members
Steve Watson, Agency Express; Abel Campos, McDonald’s Restaurants; John Spencer, NIC Services; Paul Thompson, Water Babies.
• Re-elected full board members
Simon Bartholomew, Oscar Pet Foods; Ken Deary, Right at Home.
• Elected full board members
Mike Graham, Chemex; Angie Coates, Monkey Music; Mark Llewellyn, Revive! Auto Innovations; Ben Kirby, InXpress; David Paulson, TaxAssist.
• Continuing association board member
Sean Goldsmith, Shuttercraft.
• Elected associate board member
Sarah Cressall, The Creation Station.
• Continuing affiliate board members
Carl Reader, d&t; Shirley Hughes, Franchise Careers Centre; Roz Goldstein, Goldstein Legal.
• Re-elected forum chairs
Richard Davies, What Franchise magazine (affiliate); Suzie McCafferty, Platinum Wave (Scotland).
• Elected forum chairs
Paul Lewis, ERA (London); Mike Parker, Minster Services (Midlands); Stephen Martin, Pirtek UK (South West).
Catharine Chalton of Home Instead Senior Care, David Padmore of McDonald’s Restaurants and Safwan Adam of CeX have been appointed franchisee representatives to the board of directors.
You might also be interested in
- A model franchisee: Jocette Mower, F45 Training
- Do franchisees come down with a case of Blue Monday?
- My franchise story: setting up a Get Ahead VA franchise
- Multi-brand franchising: the business benefits for franchisees and franchisors
- Why it’s important to educate international franchise brands entering the UK