The Alternative Board’s franchisees change the lives of SEM business owners and leaders for the better
At The Alternative Board (TAB), we want our franchisees to run better businesses, benefit from the wisdom and experience of other business owners, and have a relationship with their business that allows them to lead fulfilling personal lives.
This mission means that working collaboratively comes naturally. The success of our franchisees is ‘our’ success too, and the nature of our business model means our franchisees only succeed if they continually deliver outstanding value to our clients.
TAB is a well-established brand with roots in the US since 1990, and we launched in the UK in 2009.
What does a TAB franchisee do?
Simply put, a TAB franchisee will facilitate monthly board meetings made up of six-to-eight SME business owners (our ‘members’). These meetings are challenging, supportive, results-focused, and importantly, fun!
They also conduct 1:1 business coaching sessions with each of those members to work on their plans, help them identify challenges and opportunities they are facing, so they can tackle these and take their business in the right direction.
Another key element of TAB is our bespoke online strategic business planning process, which includes a unique focus on the business owners’ personal vision and goals.
TAB franchisee journey
Paul Winterbottom started his TAB business in Manchester in 2014 and currently runs three TAB boards. “My month is varied,” said Paul. “When I first started my TAB business a lot of my time was spent on marketing and lead generation activities to recruit my first members. With TAB’s excellent training and robust lead generation process I simply worked hard and followed the process. I had lots of meetings with business owners which were fascinating – I loved hearing about them and their businesses; some were right for TAB, others weren’t, however, some have now been clients for over six years!”
What our members say
“Since joining TAB I have made some good friends who laugh and cry together, which is testament to how strong the bond of the board is. The different skills and diverse range of businesses on our board means you get such a variety of views to help you see things from a new perspective.”
Why choose TAB?
- Regular and predictable monthly subscription income stream with opportunity for additional consultancy revenue
- Excellent infrastructure and individual support
- Genuine work-life balance so you don’t have to miss out on the important things
- Scalable business
- Protected territory with exclusive marketing rights
- Low overhead – no employees, no stock, no long-term leases
- Proven equity building business with strong exit strategy
Would you make a great TAB franchisee?
Our most successful candidates are:
- Self-motivated with the drive and resilience to succeed
- Passionate about using their experience and skills to help business owners
- Persuasive communicators
- Keen to play a leading role in helping their local business community thrive
- Committed to achieving personal and professional growth
- Collaborators who have a desire to contribute and learn from the TAB community
At a glance the Alternative Board
Number of franchised outlets:
Location of units:
Minimum required capital: