The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
Depends on size of franchise
Weekly management fee between £22.50+VAT and £50.00+VAT
About Mini First Aid
Kate Ball set up Mini First Aid in January 2014, offering quality baby and toddler first aid classes to parents and carers in Leeds. Kate saw the potential for growth and started franchising the business in 2015. Mini First Aid now has over 60 franchises offering a range of classes across the UK for adults and children, training them in basic and lifesaving first aid. Kate, husband Matt and an established team of marketing and administrative support offer a wealth of industry knowledge to support all Mini First Aid franchisees.
In 2019 Mini First Aid achieved a 5-Star Franchisee Satisfaction Award from WorkBuzz. This was entirely based on feedback from real franchisees.
• 96 per cent of franchisees would recommend a Mini First Aid franchise to a prospective franchisee
• 95 per cent of franchisees are proud to be a part of Mini First Aid
• 98 per cent of franchisees agree that the Mini First Aid brand helps them differentiate their business from the competition
How does the Mini First Aid franchise model work?
Franchisees make an initial investment of £3,995-plus VAT. Set up and launch of your new franchise is fully supported from the head office via a range of administrative, marketing and launch training. A monthly management fee covers the cost of ongoing support.
The Mini First Aid core class model is simple. The two-hour baby and toddler first aid class is for up to 12 people from just £20 per person so that parents and carers do not rule out the class based on cost. Mini First Aid classes are informative, but most of all interactive and fun so that attendees remember what they have learned.
Trainers run classes in a variety of public venues as well as in people’s homes. Young babies are welcome so it makes it easier for mothers to attend and new parents do not have to worry about organising childcare.
In addition to the core class, Mini First Aid offers a wide variety of classes, including early years, kids and full paediatric first aid courses. It is entirely up to you which classes you offer in your area. You will also have the opportunity to sell a variety of branded and non branded products at your classes for profit.
What is Mini First Aid looking for in its franchisees?
Your background isn’t important as full training is provided to achieve the qualifications necessary to teach first aid. However, you do need to be sociable and outgoing, a good networker and have strong communication skills to really excel.
Current franchisees come from a varied range of backgrounds, including paramedics, social workers, swim instructors, teachers, nurses and many current franchisees are parents who fit their business around family life.
What training and support does Mini First Aid provide its franchisees?
For your investment you receive:
• Full training and certification as a Paediatric First Aid instructor
• Equipment, stock, and uniform (to be discussed at the meeting stage)
• Promotional material: flyers, business cards, posters and banners
• Franchise systems including a website with a booking system and email address
• Resources pack, digital media, promotional material and brand guideline pack
• Facebook business page (head office supports you in setting this up)
• Membership to the closed Facebook page. This is an invaluable resource where franchisees share tips, inspiration and experience
• Training on how to administer your business
• Access to a Mini First Aid mentor to support you in launching your business
• PR support in launching your business and ongoing media training
• Free attendance at the Mini First Aid annual training weekend
Developing people is part of the Mini First Aid ethos. The brand continues to support you in developing your business management, media and social media skills. It holds a FREE annual training weekend which includes a variety of workshops to develop your business, media and teaching skills; as well as giving you the chance to network and discuss ideas with other Mini First Aid franchisees.
How much does a Mini First Aid franchise cost?
The cost of the three-year franchise is an initial set up fee of £3,995-plus VAT and a weekly management fee, priced according to the population of your agreed territory.
Weekly management fees range from £22.50-plus VAT to £50.00-plus VAT, depending on the size of your territory.
Zoe (Mini First Aid Bristol) is a great example of a franchise success story. Through her own generated business, Zoe currently runs on average three classes per week with 10-12 people attending each one. She earns on average around £600 per week. The best thing is that you can work as much or as little as suits you. If you choose to run one class per week and earn £200 you can. One class is just two hours with a little extra time invested in the admin. Being a Mini First Aid franchisee offers you the opportunity to have a true work-life balance.
What locations or territories is Mini First Aid looking to operate in?
Current franchisees are UK-based but Mini First Aid is also looking to expand internationally and welcomes overseas applicants. Although it is happy to receive applicants from all parts of the UK current gaps are in:
• Aylesbury, Northampton, Milton Keynes
• Doncaster, Sheffield
• Burnley, Wigan, Liverpool
• Glasgow, Kilmarnock, Stirling, Dundee, Ayrshire
• Peterborough, Banbury, Stevenage
• Brighton Worthing, Royal Tunbridge, Wells, Folkestone, Ramsgate
• Croydon, Bromley, Dartford, East London (Whitechapel as centre point), Harrow, Heathrow
• Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Londonderry
• North Wales, Cardiff Valleys / Methyr Tydfil, Swansea
• Taunton, Barnstaple, Weston Super Mare
What are the franchise terms of agreement and renewal?
The contract is renewed after three years.
Why is a Mini First Aid franchise a good investment?
The setup costs of a Mini First Aid franchise makes it an accessible and affordable choice for a route into managing your own business. Its family-friendly ethos and flexible approach mean you can invest as little or as much time as you desire into your franchise, in order to suit a wide range of backgrounds.
When Mini First Aid asked franchisees to name the three best things about working for the business, these are some of the comments:
• “flexibility to work the hours that suit me and have the option to scale the business up or down if needs be”
• “freedom to choose when I work. Great work-life balance!”
• “Head office and the other franchisees are so supportive”
• “A great franchise to work with. I signed up for a second term without hesitation”
• “I love this family company! Their ethos matches mine”
• “Huge job satisfaction”
If you would like to speak to any of its franchisees to get their perspective on running their own Mini First Aid business, just fill out the enquiry form on this page.
How in demand are Mini First Aid’s services?
Very! There is always a pool of new or expectant parents looking to learn first aid and as certified courses need to be regularly refreshed, this is always an area of demand.
How do I start setting up my own Mini First Aid franchise?
To find out more, or to request further information on franchising with Mini First Aid, complete the form below and click on the ‘Request Free Information’ button now.
Request Free Information
Send a free enquiry to Mini First Aid for further information!