Papa John’s latest franchised store in Newmarket looks like a safe bet
Leading pizza franchise, Papa John’s, has become a ‘hot favourite’ following its latest store opening in Newmarket, the English town famed for its horse racing heritage.
Franchisee Balwinder Bal says: “We think our Newmarket store will be a winner. We have plans to open more Papa John’s locally and are researching suitable premises.”
Balwinder has spent a lifetime in the pizza industry, starting out in the kitchens of a rival firm 20 years ago and working his way up to store manager.
In 2014, he joined Papa John’s to run the Berkhamsted store and now also runs Oxford Marston and Gerrards Cross.
“Papa John’s approached me about Newmarket, as they knew I was keen to expand my portfolio of stores,” Balwinder says.
“I was lucky to be able to take advantage of Papa John’s franchisee incentive scheme, which helps with equipment, marketing and reduced franchisee fees.
“Newmarket is a thriving market town popular with families and with a great racing heritage. It’s not often pizza is associated with horse racing, but now I think this combination will be a safe bet.”
Papa John’s has opportunities for franchisees throughout the UK.
You might also be interested in
- Why you can’t afford to ignore AI anymore
- How one former Army captain made a success of franchising
- 5 benefits of operating a business in fire and security under a franchise model
- Chai Green 1823’s founder unveils plans for global expansion
- 5 reasons why employee retention must be a top priority for franchises