The franchise business will contact you by means of email and/ or telephone only to the email address and phone number you have provided.
By submitting the enquiry form you are consenting to send your personal information to the selected franchise business.
You also agree to receive further newsletter email marketing from What Franchise.
Commercial & Industrial
Secure funding through leading high street banks
£1,000,000 to £1,500,000
About Capital Electrical Wholesalers
Capital Electrical Wholesalers (CEW) supplies electrical components and materials to the SME electrical contractor market.
Operating from two high profile locations in London offering trade counter and online ordering facilities to electrical contractors, as well as a delivery service, the business has quickly gained an excellent reputation amongst its core customer base.
Capital Electrical Wholesalers was established in 2012 by Marcin and Aneta Wickowski, the company’s directors. Having worked as an electrical contractor in the UK for four years employing 15 staff, Marcin spotted a gap in the market for high quality, customer service focussed electrical wholesalers to service the important and growing S.M.E. sector.
Capital Electrical Wholesalers opened its first location in Greenford, West London and quickly established brand traction and a fantastic reputation from electrical contractors locally for product range, availability, convenience, service, and competitive pricing – a combination that serves the business well as it has successfully grown sales and profits. In 2016, Capital Electrical Wholesalers opened a second location in Richmond, West London. In February 2020, the company’s first franchise (brand conversion) opened in Tottenham, North London.
How much is the electrical wholesalers market worth?
The electrical wholesalers market in the UK is worth an estimated £3bn per annum.
Electrical wholesalers account for over 70 per cent of the UK electrical components and electrical materials business, predominantly supplying the building and construction sectors. In addition, electrical installation upgrades, repairs, and renovations drive demand.
Capital Electrical Wholesalers is perfectly positioned in this market and consistently supplies customers with the products they trust, offering outstanding service and unrivalled technical product knowledge for all electrical projects.
How does the Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise model work?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers offers two distinct franchise opportunities:
Brand Conversion franchisees – existing independent electrical wholesalers can convert to the Capital Electrical Wholesalers brand and trade under its systems and processes and benefit from its membership as one of the UK’s major electrical products and components buying groups. The buying group has over 120 electrical product manufacturers as approved suppliers, offering a massive range of everything electrical from cables, sockets, switchgear, lighting and much, much more!
New start-up franchisees – individuals with strong sales and business development experience and technical knowledge who are ambitious and want to own and operate their own business, but with unrivalled support and an impressive range of added-value benefits that differentiates Capital Electrical Wholesalers from competitors.
Capital Electrical Wholesalers has already recruited one brand conversion franchisee, with others in the pipeline ready to join.
What differentiates Capital Electrical Wholesalers from other wholesalers?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers has developed distinctive USPs that drives competitive advantage in the marketplace with a loyal, growing customer base. The company’s key USPs are:
• Business built on outstanding customer service standards – customer acquisition; retention; referrals and strong relationship management
• Huge range of quality, branded electrical products available for same-day / next-day collection or delivery – order in store; online or call
• Industry-leading buying group – offers preferential buying terms and an exclusive rebate scheme. Proven purchasing power.
• Convenience – high profile locations, open six days a week
• Technology and innovation drives the business and delivers operational efficiencies
• Strong brand, brand image and brand awareness – contemporary image
• Business development – the company’s ethos is to be agile to market trends
• Industry Expertise; Knowledge; Customer support for all things electrical
• Cost-effective marketing strategy – Social media; local activity; recommendations
• Highly respected, established and successful business with strong ethics and integrity
What’s included in the Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise package?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers offers a unique and innovative franchise package that will ensure you can develop and grow your Capital Electrical Wholesalers business.
The franchise package includes:
• Franchise licence – the rights to use the Capital Electrical Wholesalers brand and trademark in your area and Rights to use the brand’s ‘know-how’, operating methods; systems; processes
• Premises design and build assistance (new start-ups) - Premises and location evaluation; assistance and guidance with premises planning and design; fit-out advice and support
• Recommended suppliers and purchasing power- It is a member of one of the UK’s major electrical products and components buying groups. The buying group has over 120 electrical product manufacturers as approved suppliers, offering a massive range of everything electrical from cables, sockets, switchgear, lighting and much, much more! The buying group ensures all franchisees have access to extremely competitive pricing, special offers and promotions – and importantly – an annual rebate based on your purchases.
• Technology and innovation - I.T. systems – EPOS; CRM; stock purchasing; stock control; customer accounts and accounting systems
• Initial training and launch support – A comprehensive training programme will ensure you have the know-how and skills to start trading. Bespoke training will include sales and business development; customer service excellence; product range and stockholding; stock control and business management – financial management; accounts and admin control; systems and processes; people development
• Business manuals - franchise operations manuals
• Local marketing support - Prime listing on the company website; Social media activity - including templates and guidelines; leaflets and brochures; promotional items and point-of-sale materials; delivery vehicle requirements and branded livery
• Ongoing business and operational support - advice, guidance and support with sales generation & business development; customer retention and relationship management; systems and processes to improve business efficiencies and operational processes. Franchisees will receive a comprehensive ongoing support package, and the franchise will provide professional advice and assistance to help you develop your business and achieve your objectives.
How much does a Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise cost?
The initial franchise fee is £8,995 (+VAT) (the VAT is reclaimable).
Is financial aid available for a Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers can assist franchisees to secure business funding through the UK’s leading high street banks. The company has a strong working relationship with franchise departments at these banks and can introduce you at the appropriate time.
Franchisees will discover that an established franchise business can make obtaining finance easier than setting up your own business. Funding of up to 70 per cent of the franchise investment can be obtained via financing (subject to status).
What training does Capital Electrical Wholesalers offer its franchisees?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers has developed a comprehensive training programme for all new franchisees. Franchisees will be fully trained in all aspects of owning and operating a Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise. The company is committed to working closely with franchisees to ensure they are competent in all aspects of the business before opening. Capital Electrical Wholesalers will also be with you to assist and support you in the run-up to launch, at launch as well as on an ongoing basis. Its business philosophy is to develop its business in partnership with its franchisees.
What are the potential rewards and profits which can be made from a Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise?
Capital Electrical Wholesalers is confident that its franchisees have the potential to turnover £1m-plus per annum.
Capital Electrical Wholesalers will provide interested parties with detailed financial information that illustrates sales forecasts and the potential profit opportunity based on their own operations.
What is Capital Electrical Wholesalers looking for in a franchisee?
Sales and business development expertise, people skills, relationship management and being a natural team player are essential qualities. Franchisees will be customer service professionals, who enjoy serving customers and understands the value of building an excellent reputation in the local community.
Equally, you must be self-motivated with the “get up & go” attitude to operate and develop your business and to manage and motivate your team each and every day. There is no substitute for hard work, determination to succeed, commitment, and focus.
Why choose a Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise over its electrical competitors?
• Established in 2012, Capital Electrical Wholesalers has experienced impressive growth and now operates from two company-owned stores and one franchise store. The Capital Electrical Wholesalers’ reputation for customer service and relationship management is renowned. It’s a business that puts integrity at the heart of its operations.
• CEW is a member of an industry’s leading purchasing consortium. Franchisees will benefit significantly from this buying group.
• A strong brand image and strapline – “Dedicated to serve the electrical trade”
• Target market is SME electrical contractors – offering low debt risk; loyal customers who are often advocates for its brand
• Technology-driven – IT systems and processes to drive operational efficiency, ensure a professional image and improve the customer experience
• Cost-effective marketing strategy – includes a contemporary website with online ordering capability, social media activity and traditional marketing activities
• Highly experienced, dedicated and approachable head office team – CEW is passionate about supporting its franchise partners and building a world-class, successful franchise network
• Its franchise programme has been professionally developed by specialist franchise consultants, following the Code of Ethics set by the British Franchise Association
• A win/win formula! Extremely cost-effective commercial arrangements that add value to your existing business profitability and its sustainability.
How do I start setting up my own Capital Electrical Wholesalers franchise?
To find out more, or to request further information on franchising with Capital Electrical Wholesalers complete the form below and click on the ‘Request Free Information’ button now. You will then receive a franchise prospectus.
Request Free Information
Send a free enquiry to Capital Electrical Wholesalers for further information!