The event culminated in Revive! being named as Franchisor of the Year
Known as the ‘Oscars’ of the franchising industry, the bfa HSBC British Franchise Awards evening is a flagship event in the franchising calendar. More than 400 people gathered to witness the 34th annual bfa HSBC British Franchise Awards 2022 which took place at VOX, Birmingham.
Hosted by bfa CEO, Pip Wilkins, and HSBC’s head of UK franchising, Gillian Morris, the event culminated in mobile car care company Revive! being named as Franchisor of the Year. Another big winner of the night was Razzamataz Theatre Schools which scooped up two awards in both the Lifestyle Franchisor and Lifestyle Franchisee categories.
Pip said: “This year’s awards process uncovered a wealth of business owners and leaders proving that franchising remains a vibrant, diverse and resilient sector full of opportunity. On the night, the overwhelming sense of community, support and collective ambition for each other was powerful. Franchising is growing in strength, developing a culture that relishes challenge, thrives together and has the agility to positively evolve and attract the leaders of tomorrow.”
There was a demanding entry and judging process, reflecting the high standards the bfa encourages from its members. This year also saw the introduction of new categories representing the evolution, inclusion, and diversity across a thriving franchise sector.
“We’ve sponsored the British Franchise Awards for over 35 years now and every year we’re honoured to play our part,” added Gillian. “Franchising makes a major contribution to the UK economy and these awards are so important in recognising the hard work, dedication and entrepreneurial spirit of franchisors and franchisees across the country.”
• bfa Star Performer – Jessica Lilley, babyballet
• Community Focus – John Strange, Aspray
• Next Generation – Ellena Morgan, Little Voices
• Lifestyle – Asha Marie Richardson, Razzamataz
• HSBC Best in Class Multi-Unit – Karim Jivraj, Starbucks
• New Direction – Reema Mavani, McDonalds
• Digital Transformation – Swimtime
• Leadership & Culture – Home Instead
• International Superbrand – Autosmart International
• Emerging Franchisor – easyStorage
• Lifestyle - Denise Hutton-Gosney, Razzamataz
• Franchisor of the Year – Revive!