The recent awards concluded this week and 12 awards were given out
The annual bfa HSBC Franchise Awards ceremony took place at The Vox in Birmingham earlier this week. This year marks the 32nd year of the awards. The event recognised franchisors and franchisees who have gone above and beyond, and demonstrate a strong commitment to ethical franchising.
“There have been incredible displays of commitment to franchising over the last year. I have been overwhelmed by the resilience of the industry and how so many have come together to support one another and their communities. I can’t wait to hear from the brands who really have gone above and beyond,” said Pip Wilkins, CEO of the bfa.
Just as the franchise industry as a whole has adapted and evolved due to the challenging nature of the pandemic, the bfa has done the same with its working practice, playing a positive role in supporting its members.
The awards have seen brands overcome adversity, demonstrate resilience and thrive, not just survive. A record number of applications have shown the strength and depth of UK franchising, despite the challenges faced.
There was a demanding entry and judging process, reflecting the high standards the bfa encourages from its members. This year has also seen new categories celebrating diversity and triumph across the industry.
Andy Brattesani, head of UK Franchising at HSBC, added: “If ever there was a year to be proud of what you have achieved this is the one. I fear the judging will be tougher the more we hear about the resilience and adaptability of the world of franchising.”
• Resilient Riser – Puddle Ducks, Victoria Rowley
• Local Focus – Right at Home, Alistair Shanks
• Next Generation – Aspray, Jack Parkhouse
• Lifestyle – Rainbow International, Andrew Moore
• HSBC Multi-Unit – Costa Coffee, Diljit Brar
• Franchisee of the Year – Costa Coffee, Diljit Brar
• Business Resilience – Anytime Fitness (gold), Water Babies (silver), McDonald’s (bronze)
• Leadership & Culture – Business Doctors
• Franchise Balance – Get Ahead
• Emerging – Co-op
• Sustainability Warrior – Oltco
• Franchisor of the Year – Right At Home (gold), Onestop (silver), Minster Services (bronze)