For the first time in the franchise chain’s history, it’s swapped its famous Californian tomato base for Heinz’s tomato ketchup with the launch of the Papa John’s Hot Dogpizza.
Each pizza has a Heinz tomato ketchup base and is topped with a generous helping of smoky Frankfurt sausages, onions, mozzarella cheese and tangy Heinz yellow mustard.
The Hot Dogpizza will also be available as a vegan option.
Giles Codd, UK marketing director at Papa John’s, says: “Ingredient innovation is at the heart of our menu and we have worked hard to ensure the The Hot Dog is the perfect combination of each flavour.
“We’re confident pizza lovers and hot dog fans will be woofing it down in no time.”
You might also be interested in
- 5 things you should consider before you start your franchise
- Football’s universal appeal has helped Christine Kelly build a global franchise
- These vital tips will help you run a tax efficient business
- Established brand or emerging business? Two experts on what’s the best investment
- Children and education: the potential rewards are great in this fast growth sector